<== Site Review (2023-06-05) ==>
Top Attractions in Emery County - According to AI
There is a new brand of computer programs branded as "Artificial Intelligence." The name refers to a language model that analyzes and generates text.
AI has access to web crawls. So, you can ask AI basic questions and it will produce text that appears to be written by a person.
To investigate, I decided to ask ChatGPT and Google Bard to list the top ten attractions of the different counties in Utah.
Top Attractions in Emery County by ChatGPT
ChatGPT produced the following list for Emery County. It uses a web crawl set that took place in 2021. Note: the site failed note that Donald Trump renamed Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry to Jurassic National Park in 2019. I suspect that this happened because web masters were slow to update their web pages.
NOTE, the Manti-La Sal National Forest administers the area that many call the Wasatch Plateau West of Castledale.
- Goblin Valley State Park: Famous for its otherworldly rock formations called "hoodoos" or "goblins," Goblin Valley State Park is a fascinating place to explore and hike.
- San Rafael Swell: This expansive area features dramatic canyons, cliffs, and rock formations, offering opportunities for hiking, camping, and off-road adventures.
- Manti-La Sal National Forest: Located partially in Emery County, this forest offers excellent opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
- Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry: Known as the "Jurassic Park of the Morrison Formation," this quarry is home to an impressive concentration of dinosaur fossils, including the Allosaurus.
- Huntington State Park: Nestled around Huntington Reservoir, this state park offers fishing, boating, camping, and swimming opportunities, as well as scenic picnic spots.
- Green River: The Green River runs through Emery County, providing fantastic opportunities for river rafting, canoeing, and fishing, especially in the picturesque Desolation Canyon.
- Wedge Overlook: Often called the "Little Grand Canyon," this scenic overlook provides breathtaking views of the San Rafael River winding through the deep and colorful canyon.
- Millsite State Park: Situated around Millsite Reservoir, this state park offers fishing, boating, camping, and golfing facilities amidst picturesque surroundings.
- Moore Cutoff Road: A scenic drive that traverses the San Rafael Swell, providing stunning views of the unique rock formations and desert landscapes.
- The Buckhorn Draw: Located within the San Rafael Swell, the Buckhorn Draw showcases impressive rock art and ancient petroglyphs, offering visitors a glimpse into the area's rich Native American history.
Top Emery County Attractions According to Google Bard
I asked Google Bard the same question. Oddly, the list included Horeshoe Canyon (which is in Wayne County), Castle Valley (which is in Grand County), Sego Canyon (which is in Grand County), and "The Hole 'N The Rock House" which is south of Moab in San Juan County!!!
- Goblin Valley State Park. This park is home to thousands of hoodoos, which are mushroom-shaped rock formations. Visitors can hike, camp, and explore the park's otherworldly landscape.
- Horseshoe Canyon. This canyon is home to some of the most impressive rock art in the United States, including the Great Gallery, which contains over2,000 petroglyphs.
- Castle Valley. This valley is home to a number of towering sandstone buttes, including Castle Rock and The Needles. Visitors can hike, climb, and camp in the valley.
- Little Wild Horse Canyon. This canyon is a popular spot for hiking, rock climbing, and canyoneering. The canyon walls are lined with colorful sandstone formations, and the canyon floor is home to a number of wildflowers.
- The Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry. This quarry is home to the remains of over15,000 dinosaurs, making it one of the most important dinosaur fossil sites in the world.
- Sego Canyon State Park. This park is home to a number of rock art panels, including the Sego Canyon Panel, which contains over1,000 petroglyphs.
- The Hole N' the Rock. This home was built into a sandstone rock formation by Albert Christensen in the early 1900s. The home is now a popular tourist attraction.
- The San Rafael Swell. This is a vast, rugged region of sandstone canyons, mesas, and buttes. Visitors can hike, camp, and explore the Swell's remote wilderness.
- The Manti-La Sal National Forest. This forest is home to a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities, including hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting.
- The Green River. This river is a popular spot for rafting, kayaking, and fishing. The river is also home to a number of dinosaur fossils.
There are now computers that spew forth human readable text. I fear that the technology will simply increase the white noise on the Internet.
DISCLAIMER: This review is about the web site. It is not a recommendation for a company or product. The goal of the Site of the Day review is simply to point out an interesting local web sites. View Site of the Day History.
NOTE: The site referenced on this page has no affiliation with CommunityColor.